via liseuse. Why do I think this was compiled by somebody who has not been reading for as many decades as I have? (I am still considering that peach you are offering me.)
1. You currently own more than 20 books: I slightly shudder to think how long ago I passed that mark.
2. You currently own more than 50 books: vide supra
3. You currently own more than 100 books: vide supra
4. You amassed so many books you switched to an e-reader: no, I switched to an e-reader for portability when on the move.
5. You read so much you have a ton of books AND an e-reader: is this at all exceptional?
6. You have a book-organization system no one else understands: I used to have a book organisation system but with one thing and another much of it has fallen into chaos.
7. You’re currently reading more than one book: yes, but some are more backburnered than others.
8. You read every single day: I breathe every day too.
9. You’re reading a book right now, as you’re taking this book nerd quiz: I'm not actually trying to multitask here.
10. Your essentials for leaving the house: wallet, phone, keys, and
a book: unless I'm just going round the corner to the shops or to the gym, e-reader; also, Freedom Pass for London Transport.
11. You’ve pulled an all-nighter reading a book: no, but I've stayed up later than I intended.
12. You did not regret it for a second and would do it again: no.
13. You’ve figured out how to incorporate books into your workout: WOT.
14. You’ve declined invitations to social activities in order to stay home and read: no, but there are occasions I may have wished I had.
15. You view vacation time as “catch up on reading” time: to some extent. Also, long journeys.
16. You’ve sat in a bathtub full of tepid water with prune-y skin because you were engrossed in a book: eeeeuuuuwwww, no.
17. You’ve missed your stop on the bus or the train because you were engrossed in a book: yes.
18. You’ve almost tripped over a pothole, sat on a bench with wet paint, walked into a telephone pole, or narrowly avoided other calamities because you were engrossed in a book: not to my recollection.
19. You’ve laughed out loud in public while reading a book: once or twice.
20. You’ve cried in public while reading a book (it’s okay, we won’t tell): no.
21. You’re the one everyone goes to for book recommendations: I'm not sure this is a thing one can say about oneself.
22. You take your role in recommending books very seriously and worry about what books your friends would enjoy: what am I, some kind of missionary? I put my thoughts out there and people can make their own decisions.
23. Once you recommend a book to a friend, you keep bugging them about it: good grief, no. Seriously poor ton.
24. If your friend doesn’t like the book you recommended, you’re heartbroken: oh, come on, how old are you, 6?
25. And you judge them. A little bit: de gustibus non est disputandum, seriously.
26. In fact, whenever you and a friend disagree about a book you secretly wonder what is wrong with them: what are you, 6?
27. You’ve vowed to convert a non-reader into a reader: eeeeuuuuwww.
28. And you’ve succeeded: you have a great future ahead of you as a cult guru, but count me out.
29. You’ve attended book readings, launches, and signings: only when it's been mates of mine launching their book.
30. You own several signed books: a few, but mostly ones by friends.
31. You would recognize your favorite authors on the street: some of them.
32. In fact, you have: no.
33. If you could have dinner with anybody in the world, you’d choose your favorite writer: this supposes that there is one prime favourite. Also, quite a lot of my favourites are dead.
34. You own a first-edition book: a few, none, I think, that I went out specifically to collect rather than happening across a copy that was.
35. You know what that is and why it matters to bibliophiles: oh, come on.
36. You tweet, post, blog, or talk about books every day: no.
37. You have a “favorite” literary prize: I skorn them utterly.
38. And you read the winners of that prize every year: what, with my existing tbr pile?
39. You’ve recorded every book you’ve ever read and what you thought of it: life is too short.
40. You have a designated reading nook in your home: no.
41. You have a literary-themed T-shirt, bag, tattoo, or item of home décor: what is this even. Okay, I do have a photo of Dame Rebecca on my wall: it was a present. Do piles of books count as home decor?
42. You gave your pet a literary name: what pet.
43. You make literary references and puns nobody else understands: I will cop to that.
44. You’re a stickler for spelling and grammar, even when you’re just texting: ditto.
45. You’ve given books as gifts for every occasion: birthdays, Valentine’s Day, graduations, Tuesdays...: not really.
46. Whenever someone asks what your favorite book is, your brain goes into overdrive and you can’t choose just one. You end up naming twelve books: and then adding afterthoughts.
47. You love the smell of books: yes.
48. You’ve binge-read an entire series or an author’s whole oeuvre in just a few days: or at least over the course of a few weeks.
49. You’ve actually felt your heart rate go up while reading an incredible book: I've never actually checked this.
50. When you turn the last page of a good book, you feel as if you’ve finally come up for air and returned from a great adventure: not sure I would put it exactly like that.